Oil-soluble essential oils do not need to be prepared
The essential oil itself is lipophilic and soluble in oily substances, so there is no need to separately prepare oil-soluble essential oils, since they are oil-soluble substances themselves.
Is water-soluble essential oil present? How to prepare?
In the flavor and fragrance industry, in order to make the flavor and fragrance dissolve in water, make juice, toilet water, perfume, etc., the fragrance of various natural or synthetic flavors will be dissolved in 40% to 60% of ethanol (or C). Alcohol, propylene glycol, glycerin and other water-soluble solvents), to obtain water-soluble flavors, and water-soluble essential oils can also be prepared by this method, and now there are a small number of human DIY essential oil perfumes, which are directly made with essential oils and alcohol.
Water solubility and emulsification are two concepts
I have seen many people say that water-soluble essential oils are essential oils after emulsification. Actually, in the spice and fragrance industry, these are two concepts. Water-soluble essential oils are no longer described. What is the concept of emulsified essential oils?
Two methods of emulsification:
1. By dissolving the two incompatible materials together by an emulsifier, one of the liquids is evenly dispersed in the other liquid which is incompatible with each other with very fine droplets.
2. Directly adopt phacoemulsification process, without adding emulsifier or adding a small amount of emulsifier, under the action of ultrasonic energy, two (or more) non-phase solutions are uniformly mixed to form a dispersion system, wherein one liquid is evenly distributed. An emulsion is formed in another liquid.
The result of the emulsification is an emulsion, that is, a mixture of two immiscible liquids, that is, the emulsified essential oil itself is a mixture of essential oil and water, and if the essential oil is dissolved in water, it is added to the water. Still need to stir.
What essential oils does the aromatherapy machine use?
To understand this problem correctly, you must first know how the aromatherapy machine works and how to use it.
The working principle of the aromatherapy machine: through the high-frequency oscillation generated by the ultrasonic vibration device, the water molecules and essential oils are decomposed into nano-scale cold fog with a diameter of 0.1-5 microns, which is emitted into the surrounding air to make the air full of fragrance. The ultrasonic waves generated in this process enable rapid mixing of water and essential oils, ie emulsification.
How to use the aromatherapy machine: add appropriate amount of water to the water chamber, drip in the essential oil, and plug it into the power supply.
Is the essential oil used in the aromatherapy machine dissolved in water?
Not necessarily, through the above principles, we can know that in fact, adding water to the aromatherapy machine is only to reduce the concentration of essential oils, while increasing the humidity of the air.
Even without adding water, the essential oil can be broken down into nanometers and released into the air, provided that you use an aromatherapy machine instead of a humidifier or a water hydrator, because the oscillating power of the two is different. Decomposition of essential oils will use higher frequency oscillation techniques.
However, if you add essential oil directly, the first is that the concentration of essential oil is too high, the human body may not be easy to accept, the second machine will shorten the life expectancy over the years, and the third is that the money can not hold up, for example, the single rose oil is on the move. In kilograms, it can be seen that people who are really rich and oily may do so.
The aromatherapy machine itself can make the water and the essential oils compatible. As mentioned above, the ultrasonic waves generated in the aromatherapy machine can quickly mix the water and the essential oil, that is, the emulsification, so that the essential oil and the water can also be dissolved, and nothing is needed at all. Water soluble essential oil.
Essential oil classification:
Essential oil: contains only one essential oil, most of which cannot directly act on the skin, such as jasmine essential oil, rose essential oil, etc.;
Compound essential oil: more than two kinds of single essential oils and base oils are mixed according to the ratio, and the essential oils that can be directly used generally have targeted effects;
Water-soluble essential oil: a product obtained by dissolving essential oil in 40% to 60% ethanol (or other water-soluble solvent such as propanol, propylene glycol or glycerin);
Emulsified essential oil: A product made by mixing together an emulsifier, water, essential oil, or stabilizer, or a product directly obtained by a phacoemulsification process.
to sum up:
1. The idea of aromatherapy essential oils exists, but it is not a classification of essential oils, but a classification of aromatherapy, such as scented candles, aromatherapy plasters, aromatherapy papers, aromatherapy oils are just one of them. classification.
2. In order to make the essential oil soluble in water, it is recommended to use the water-soluble essential oil directly. It is not necessary to spend a lot of time to prepare the emulsified essential oil. When it is added to the water, it must be stirred.
3. The above four essential oils can be used in aromatherapy machines. There is no need to use water-soluble essential oils. The aromatherapy machine itself can make water and essential oils compatible. The concept of “water-soluble essential oils” is actually very rare. It is mentioned, even not recognized, because it is generally called "water-soluble flavor", the essential oil itself is oil-soluble, and the "water-soluble essential oil" is very awkward to listen to.
Essential oils are generally not used in humidifiers
There are various sizes and color combination choices.They are so luxury and pre...>More >>
We meet too many choices for home fragrance products.Scented candles,reed diffus...>More >>
This ceramic flower diffuser comes with minimalist and simple look,transports el...>More >>
Ceramic flower diffuser has beautiful look,which is perfect for home fragrance,a...>More >>
CAIFEDE ceramic diffuser,there are so many choices,with different sizes,and cera...>More >>
This beautiful pillar candle comes with three colors combination,all are classic...>More >>
This scented pillar candle has most things you need for a candle,warm light,fres...>More >>
When you meet this beautiful and minimalist pillar candle,no more words can be u...>More >>